Not only is that nonsensical (if the aliens are capable of learning human language, why are they not capable of learning human languages? And if they have to pick one language, why not Mandarin Chinese?), but it would lead to a most unrepresentative sample of humans "witnessing" these alien worlds.
In an online discussion almost exactly two years ago, on the subject of aliens selecting 1000 humans to save from a doomed Earth, I made the following estimates:
- most will not speak English (under 100 do, maybe about 60 natively)
- the vast majority will not be Caucasian
- probably none will be very rich, or famous
- a little over 50% will be female
- some will be homosexual, asexual, etc.
- some will be children or elderly
- not all will be able or willing to breed
- many will not be very highly educated
- not all will be very nice people