An Anthology of Horrors and Wonders of the Sea
2016, Futurefire.net Publishing
Edited by: Valeria Vitale and Djibril al-Ayad
Stories and Poems by: Jenny Blackford, S. Chakraborty, Rhys Hughes, Claude Lalumière, Adam Lowe, Christine Lucas, Kalina Aïch, Vladimira Becić, Kelda Crich, Álvaro Mielgo Gallego, Maria Grech Ganado, Lyndsay E. Gilbert, Hella Grichi, Louise Herring-Jones, Simon Kearns, Mari Ness, Mattia Ravasi, Angela Rega, Urša Vidic and Dawn Vogel
Translators: Arrate Hidalgo, Dunja Ševerdija
Cover art by: Tostoini
The Mediterranean is a liquid road connecting places and people. Ships, words and stories travel on its waves. Sometimes fantastic creatures, hidden in the hold. The Mediterranean speaks many languages; some of them we don’t recognize anymore. They are ancient, but never really dead. This speculative fiction anthology collects twenty-four pieces of fiction and poetry, new and old, and some things that are in between, because we don’t believe in boundaries. It gathers Mediterranean stories with a horror twist and horror stories with a Mediterranean flavour—caring sea monsters, still dripping and briny; brave mermaids, merciless ghosts and bizarre creatures—in nine different languages and many different styles.
Table of contents
Where to buy Fae Visions of the Mediterranean
- Buy trade paperback from Amazon (UK) (Fra) (Es) (It) etc.
- Buy print from B&N, Powells, Bookdepository (and all good online stores)
- Buy print from Lulu.com
- Buy Kindle e-book from Amazon (UK) (Fra) (Es) (It) etc.
- Buy Epub/Nook e-book from B&N, iTunes, Smashwords
Reviews of Fae Visions of the Mediterranean
Praise for Fae Visions of the Mediterranean
- This slim volume of 24 diverse stories and poems captures the magic and mystery of the Mediterranean … unusual, lyrical collection.